Friday 11 September 2009

Planning - Props preparation

There is only one prop that I will focus on using on in my music video. This is because the rest of the mise-en-scene in the video is meant to be natural looking. I want the rest of the mise-en-scene to look natural, because it will make the character look even more abstract in his helmet, but also if it is more natural, I can use the rotoscope technique to possibly edit it into a surreal image.

The one prop I will be using, is the space mask.

The space mask is a mask of a clone trooper from the Star Wars film series. The whole idea behind having a space like mask was to do with the track. I felt using something space like would provide continuity with the song title, 'Fell From Space'. I had originally planned on purchasing an alien mask, but on discovering a teacher who could lend me this mask, I chose to use the mask instead. I chose it for 2 reason:

  1. It looks really futuristic and surreal.
  2. If I had used an alien mask, the contrast of alien skin and human skin would have looked tacky and cheap.

Below is a picture of Sam wearing the mask. Another reason why I decided to use it, is because it just looks so perfect on Sam, exactly how I wanted it to look, and I am confident that it will provide the surrealism I want in my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment